Why you should work for us?
We welcome everyone's input in shaping the future direction of our product and our company. Everyone has a different perspective, and you are more likely to hear "that's interesting" than "that's wrong."
We support our team by giving them access to the right tools they need for their job (such as MacBook Pro, and a 4K monitor); and providing a training budget so you can continuously learn and develop new skills.
We have some great perks, such as a gym membership subsidy, and bringing pets to the office.
We value and respect employees of all backgrounds, cultures, gender identities, sexual orientation, physical ability, age and all other characteristics that create a varied and representative team of humans.
What will you do?
The right person will enjoy working with customers, commercial teams and technical teams to solve technical support issues quickly and efficiently.
The Technical Support Manager will work closely with Product Managers, Customer Success Managers and the Engineering Team. They will be responsible for managing incoming technical support issues and ensuring the team manages issues to completion. They will also be responsible for working with the Engineering team to optimise the testing function within Localz to minimise support issues.
This is a full-time office-based role, with a flexible working arrangement. The right person will have experience in optimising technical support processes and managing technical support teams. You will have a strong technical literacy with the ability to work closely with software development teams to resolve support issues. Experience working in a software company in a similar role is advantageous.
As the Technical Support Team Manager at Localz, you will:
- Manage the technical support team to provide post-sales technical support to Localz customers.
- Manage and optimise Localz technical support function and processes globally across the business.
- Set clear objectives on service levels for the resolution of technical support, evaluate progress and report back to the executive team on progress meeting those objectives.
- Set-up, manage and improve standards and procedures within the technical support function within Localz.
- Ensure working practices are well defined and operational with minimal disruption using technology to improve efficiency as appropriate.
- Manage the team and individual performance, technical and skills development.
- Encourage open communication between team members, suggesting and driving forward ideas about how the team can work more effectively together.
- Work with other Localz teams including product management, engineering, customer success and sales to resolve issues and communicate back the resolution of those issues back to customers.
- Work with other Localz teams to improve tools, such as documentation, that will help to improve the effectiveness of the technical support team and optimise the fast resolution of technical support issues.
- Work with other Localz teams and functions to optimise the testing and quality assurance capability with Localz to minimise new technical support issues and to ensure the quality and testing of the rollout of fixes.
What are we looking for?
Our ideal candidates should have the following experience:
- responding to and managing technical support issues directly with customers
- 2 to 3 years managing a technical support team within a software company
- working with help desk software to optimise technical support processes
- working to service level agreements for the resolution of technical support issues
- reporting on technical support to internal teams and to customers.
It would be great, but not required, if you have experience in:
- setting up and optimising testing and quality assurance function within a software company.
- working with or managing customer service teams.
Candidates should also have the following key attributes:
- Solid technical acumen
- The ability to work well with technical and non-technical people and to translate technical information for a non-technical audience.
- Work well in a fast paced, high-activity environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- The ability to work well with people of different skill levels and experience across different functions.
If the role sounds good but you feel like you might not tick all of our boxes, we still love for you to apply and have a conversation. Skills can be learned, attitude is everything.