Location: Melbourne, Australia
Start date: March 2021
Reports to: Head of Delivery
Works with: Support and Engineering teams, Customer Success Managers and Associates, Senior Delivery Manager.
Probationary Period: 3 months
You’ll be joining our small support team to support our existing customers across both Europe and Australia/New Zealand. As someone with previous experience as a support engineer, you’ll be able to jump straight in and learn the ins and outs of our product, from configuration to debugging. You’ll work with our customer success team to ensure new configuration projects are documented and scheduled and you’ll be hands-on with the configuration of our products, triage of incoming support requests and fixing issues as they arise.
- You’ll work as part of our support team, working closely with engineering, to review and triage incoming support requests from existing customers. You’ll be experienced in asking the right questions to get to the root cause of an issue quickly and effectively, with a demonstrable ability to troubleshoot difficult issues and put in place systems & training to solve repeat issues.
- As a Senior Support Engineer, you’ll run our daily support stand up to ensure that new tickets are triaged and existing projects and on-track. You’ll know when to escalate issues to our engineering team. You’ll ensure tickets are kept up to date with relevant information and you’ll be comfortable responding to customers directly through various channels.
- For new customers, you’ll be able to set up and configure Localz products to meet the required specifications. You’ll ensure that documentation for the client is up to date and matches the configuration, and everything is tested end to end before handing over to customer success.
- With your previous experience of working with a support team, you’ll be helping us shape our support processes to ensure we meet all support SLAs for incoming issues, bugs and configuration requests.
- You’re a natural problem solver and strong communicator, who is well organised and thorough in your work.
- You’ll be data-driven and will be keen to analyse trends and patterns in our support data and work with the team to recommend improvements in our documentation and processes to improve support efficiency
- Some experience with building and deploying apps would be advantageous.
- Out of hours support, on a rota’d basis, is a requirement for this role.
- You’ll deliver quality in everything you do, and ensure everything is fully tested end to end before release, including documentation of test results.
- For new project configurations, you’ll walk through the configuration with the customer success manager prior to customer release to ensure that the configuration delivered matches the specifications and requirements
- You’ll work closely with our engineering team to plan for feature deployments and major releases.
Things to consider
- At Localz, we support customers across both European and Australian time zones. Because of this, sometimes we work odd hours to ensure we’re available for our customers when we need to be. This means both early mornings and late nights are part of the role here with us.
- We’re a small (but perfectly formed) team and we rely on each other to follow through on our commitments. Whilst we’re looking for someone with experience, who is looking to take a leading role in our support team, this is a hands-on role and you will be working with the tools and the team to get stuff done.
- At the moment, we’re not office based, so you’ll be onboarding remotely. We’ll do everything we can to ensure you have all the support you need, but you’ll need to be a natural self-starter and make sure you’re comfortable asking for help when you need it.
Our tech stack
- Our platform is hosted on AWS cloud infrastructure, with the platform built on a modern technology stack such as Nodejs, GraphQL, Typescript and Golang. Our data is stored in MongoDB and PostgresQL databases.
- We utilise frameworks such as React for our web apps, ReactNative for our mobile apps that run on iOS and Android platforms. We use a combination of HapiJS and NestJS as the base frameworks of our microservices.
Actions, not words
We like to be judged on the quality of what’s working and being used, not what we can just talk about. We value the trait of being consistently and highly productive in others, as well as ourselves.
With team members spread across the world, one of our biggest assets is our team’s ability to bring and apply diverse thinking. Original ideas and differing perspectives fuel innovation and creative problem-solving.
Our transparency builds confidence in our people to change direction when required, to take on accountability and to learn as much from our failures as we do from our success.